Are you tired of buying chicken and chips at takeaway shops? Well if you are not tired and still in budget you still need to try this home.
– Put in a bowl the chicken and our few drops of soy sauce.
– Sizzle pinch of salt to the chicken.
– Pour chicken spice of your choice.
– To the mixture sprinkle the ground ginger and pepper.
– One to two tablespoon of tomato purée with garlic.
Mix all the ingredients together and ground one half cup of cornflakes using a blender.
Now take the all purpose flour and mix the grounded cornflakes together.
Pour again the second salt ingredient and pepper then mix.
Use two large eggs and whisk them in a clean bowl then transfer the marinated chicken later to the eggs.
There’s one special trick here, you need to transfer the chicken back to the flour mixture meaning this is the second time after the egg bath.
In a frying pan, use as much enough vegetable oil as possible and heat to 180°C then fry your chicken.
When it’s gold transfer it on a plate with paper towel to drain in the oil.
– Peel and slice potatoes thick.
– Place potatoes on a source pan and boil for 3 to 5 minutes only.
– Transfer them in a colander to drain water.
Tip: Here chips are not to be fried but baked to limit junk intake as possible.
Spray the baking tray with cooking spray and if not use vegetable oil, only use the minimum amount of oil just to grease the tray.
Sprinkle boiled chips with paprika and self racing flour and salt. After adding these ingredients toss gently till well seasoned.
Bake, turning chips and spraying with oil halfway through cooking, for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve sprinkled with sea salt.
After all these two meals are ready, serve them in a large bowl. You can eat with a chilli source or just use white vinegar and enjoy.
Grade A tip
💡 In order to make the best fried home style chicken use only chicken wings and drumstick.