Air fryer baked potatoes are cooked easily using russet potatoes in your air fryer. The potatoes are drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. They’re cooked in the air fryer for about 35 minutes. The results are crispy skin outside with a tender fluffy inside.
Baked Potatoes In An Air Fryer
It is so easy to cook russet potatoes in an air fryer! You’ll get the perfect crispy skin and fluffy inside. Just add your favorite baked potato toppings for the perfect no-fuss side dish!
How To Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Full ingredients and instructions are also in the recipe card at the bottom of this blog post.
STEP 1: Preheat the air fryer to 375°F for 5 mins.
STEP 2: Prick each baked potato with a fork multiple times on the outside. Drizzle the outside with olive oil, over top, and generously season each one with salt and pepper.
STEP 3: Place the potatoes in a single layer in the air basket. Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes, flipping them halfway through using tongs. The potatoes are done when they are tender when poked with a fork.
STEP 4: Transfer the potatoes to a plate using tongs or an oven mitt. Let them cool enough to handle. Slice open the center with a knife and fluff with a fork. Add your favorite toppings and serve.
- Russet potatoes will work best for this recipe. If you want to use another style of potato then try my other easy air fryer potatoes recipe.
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork before you cook them. This helps to release steam as they bake. It is an important step not to be missed!
- Preheat the air fryer first. This will give you the best crispy potatoes.
- Always flip halfway through cooking to get a crispy coating. Be sure to use tongs as the potatoes will be very hot!
- Check in the last couple of minutes to make sure they’re not overcooking. Every air fryer is different so it might take a little bit of practice getting used to your temperature and how it works.
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerate – Once the potatoes have cooled down, they can be wrapped tightly and stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. These also freeze well! I like to wrap baked potatoes in foil and place them all in a freezer bag for up to 4 months.
- To Reheat – Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 2 minutes. Now Add the potatoes back in and cook until warmed through. It will take about 8-10 minutes or so. Flip the potato halfway through using a pair of tongs.
Tools For This Recipe
(Amazon affiliate links) – Check out all of my kitchen essentials here.
- Vortex Plus 6 Qt Air Fryer – This is the air fryer that I used in the photos! It has a large basket to cook more ingredients in a single layer. It also automatically preheats and lets you know when to add your food. I like this one because I can usually cook all my food at once because of the large basket.
- Tongs – I have multiple pairs of tongs in my kitchen because I’m constantly using them for a variety of things as I’m cooking.
Try These Next
Get My Free Recipe Guides!
Grab the Free Recipe Guides of my most popular recipes (all in easy-to-print format)! Sign up for my free member’s library and you’ll get instant access to over 20 free recipe guides, plus I’m always adding more!
And follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
Tried This Recipe? Please Share It With Your Friends!
Leave a review using the stars in the recipe card below, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Preheat air fryer 375°F for 5 mins.
Prick each baked potato with a fork multiple times on the outside. Drizzle the outside with olive oil, over top and generously season each one with salt and pepper.
Place the potatoes in single layer in the air basket. Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes, flipping them halfway through using tongs. The potatoes are done when they are tender when poked with a fork.
Transfer the potatoes to a plate using tongs or an oven mitt. Let them cool enough to handle. Slice open the center with a knife and fluff with a fork. Add your favorite toppings and serve.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 895mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.