Air fryer chicken legs are one of the easiest ways to cook chicken. They come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and are totally delicious.
Be sure to try my 6 best air fryer chicken legs recipes next!
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Legs
I love chicken legs because they’re cheaper than other chicken cuts, easy to cook and the family loves them. This air fryer chicken recipe uses a bit of olive oil, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. You can prep and cook them in under 30 minutes!
Serve these crispy chicken legs with one of my 6 air fryer side dishes for a delicious easy meal!
If you like this easy recipe then you will also love my air fryer chicken thighs, easy air fryer chicken wings, breaded air fryer chicken tenders, how to cook a whole chicken in an air fryer, and the juciest air fryer chicken breast recipe.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Full ingredients and instructions are also in the recipe card at the bottom of this blog post.
STEP 1: Add 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 ½ tsp paprika, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp ground black pepper to a large bowl. Mix everything together.
STEP 2: Add the chicken legs to the bowl and mix with the sauce so that all the chicken is evenly coated.
STEP 3: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 2 minutes.
STEP 4: Place the chicken legs in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. Cook for 22-24 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through using tongs. Cooked chicken will look crispy and will reach 165℉ when poked with a meat thermometer.
- Preheat your air fryer first. This will give you the best crispy chicken legs.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel before adding them to the bowl. This will remove any excess moisture and allow the sauce to stick better.
- Always flip the chicken halfway through cooking to get an even crispiness.
- Check the chicken in the last couple of minutes to make sure they’re not overcooking. Every air fryer is different when it comes to cooking time.
- According to the USDA recommended cooking temperatures, the safest internal temperature for cooking all types of poultry products is 165°F. This is the interior temperature that the meat will read once removed from the air fryer. You can use a meat thermometer, which will be poked into the thickest part of the chicken to read the temperature.
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerate – Once the chicken legs have cooled down, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container or in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- To Reheat – Add potatoes back to the air fryer at 375°F and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until warmed through. Flip the chicken legs halfway through.
Tools For This Recipe
(Amazon affiliate links) – Check out all of my kitchen essentials here.
- Vortex Plus 6 Qt Air Fryer – The air fryer that I used in the photos. It has a large basket for more food in larger batches. It automatically preheats before adding food and reminds you to flip halfway through.
- Meat Thermometer – The best way to tell if your chicken is done is by using a digital meat thermometer!
- Mixing Bowls – Stackable mixing bowls keep the cupboards more organized and make it easy to toss ingredients together quickly.
- Magnetic Measuring Spoons – I love these magnetic ones which stay nice and organized together when storing them
Try These Next
Get My Free Recipe Guides!
Grab the Free Recipe Guides of my most popular recipes (all in easy-to-print format)! Sign up for my free member’s library and you’ll get instant access to over 20 free recipe guides, plus I’m always adding more!
And follow me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
Tried This Recipe? Please Share It With Your Friends!
Leave a review using the stars in the recipe card below, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Add 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 ½ tsp paprika, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp ground black pepper to a large bowl. Mix everything together.
Add the chicken legs to the bowl and mix with the sauce so that all chicken is evenly coated.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 2 minutes.
Place the chicken legs in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. Cook for 22-24 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through using tongs. Cooked chicken will look crispy and will reach 165℉ when poked with a meat thermometer.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 0.1g | Vitamin A: 81IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.