Miss SA runner up Bryoni Govender, who is representing South Africa at the Miss Universe pageant underway in El Salvador described her experience as “precious” as she prepares for the finale on Saturday 18 November.
BRYONI GOVENDER ON MISS UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE SO FAR
Miss Universe SA Bryoni Govender opened up about what her time in El Salvador has been like as she and the 84 other contestants prepare for the Miss Universe finale on Saturday 18 November. Bryoni revealed that she has met many wonderful women from all over the world and she wishes she could pause time to enjoy every minute.
The beauty queen is sharing a room with Miss Universe Zimbabwe Brooke Bruk-Jackson.
“I want the world to stop spinning on its axis so I can breathe it all in and savor this glorious time. Meeting wonderful women from all over the world and connecting with them at so many levels has been a true delight. It’s all going too quickly. I want more time to enjoy every precious moment,” she said in a statement from El Salvador.
Miss SA CEO Stephanie Weil thanked fans for the support they have shown Bryoni and expressed her confidence in the law graduate.
“We are delighted with the support that South Africans are showing Bryoni who is flying the flag high for the country. We wish her everything of the best as she competes on the international stage and we know that she has what it takes to win the title as she exudes leadership, focus and passion,” said Miss SA CEO Stephanie Weil.
“She has worked incredibly hard as Miss Universe South Africa and is an inspiration for a generation of young girls who wish to reach for a dream,” she continued.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PAGEANT
- Bryoni has been dubbed as one of the front-runners at the Miss Universe competition which is currently underway in El Salvador.
- The pageant will be broadcasted live on SABC 3 (DStv channel 193) from 03:00 on Sunday 19 November because of the time difference. The Miss Universe pageant will also be repeated at 19:30 on Sunday evening as well.
- Miss Universe 2023 will be the 72nd Miss Universe pageant and will be held at the José Adolfo Pineda Arena in San Salvador.
- Miss Universe, R’Bonney Gabriel (US) is the reigning Miss Universe and will crown her successor at the end of the pageant.
- Camila Avella of Colombia and Michelle Cohn of Guatemala are the first married women and mothers to compete.
- According to a press release by the Miss SA Organisation, the 72nd edition of the pageant also marks: The debut of Pakistan, return of Denmark, Egypt, Guyana, Hungary, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Mongolia, Norway and Zimbabwe to the competition.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ARTICLES BY ALICIA NAIDOO