Pretoria Zoo Entrance Fee; The Pretoria Zoo is a popular tourist destination located in South Africa. As with any attraction, visitors are required to pay an entrance fee to gain access to the zoo. The entrance fee for the Pretoria Zoo varies depending on the age of the visitor and other factors, such as whether they are a student or a pensioner.
For the year 2023-2024, the entrance fee for adults (18 years of age or older) is R100, while children between 2 and 17 years of age pay R70. Children under the age of 2 can enter the zoo for free. Students with a valid student card can also enter the zoo for R70, while pensioners can enter for free on designated pensioners days. It’s important to note that these fees are subject to change, so visitors should check the official website for the most up-to-date information.
In addition to the entrance fee, visitors may also need to pay for other activities or services offered at the zoo, such as parking, golf carts, cable cars, and train rides. Visitors can purchase tickets online or at the gate. The zoo is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, from 9 am to 4:30 pm, with the last tickets sold at 4:30 pm and the zoo closing at 5:30 pm.
Basic Information About Pretoria Zoo
Pretoria Zoo, also known as the National Zoological Garden, is one of the most popular tourist attractions in South Africa. It is situated in the city of Pretoria and is home to a wide variety of animals from different parts of the world. Here is some basic information about the zoo:
- Opening Hours: The zoo is open every day of the year, including public holidays, from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. The last entry is at 4:30 pm.
- Entrance Fees: The entrance fee varies depending on the age of the visitor and the day of the week. As of 2023, the fee for adults (18 years and older) is R100, for children (2-17 years) it is R70, and children under 2 years can enter for free. Students (with a valid student card) pay R70, and pensioners can enter for free on pensioners’ days.
- Activities: The zoo offers a variety of activities for visitors, including guided tours, animal shows, and feeding sessions. Visitors can also rent golf carts to explore the zoo.
- Parking: Secured parking is available at the zoo for R25 per car.
- Facilities: The zoo has several facilities, including restaurants, picnic areas, and a gift shop. There are also toilets and baby-changing facilities available throughout the zoo.
- Accessibility: The zoo is wheelchair accessible, and there are wheelchairs available for rent at the entrance.
Overall, Pretoria Zoo is a great place to visit for people of all ages who are interested in animals and nature. With its wide variety of animals, activities, and facilities, it is sure to provide a fun and educational experience for all visitors.
Pretoria Zoo Entrance Fee Details
The Pretoria Zoo is a popular destination for families and tourists alike. It is important to note that the entrance fee varies depending on the age of the visitor and the type of vehicle they arrive in. Here are the details of the entrance fee for the Pretoria Zoo.
Entrance Fees for 2023 – 2024
The entrance fees for the Pretoria Zoo for 2023-2024 are as follows:
- Adults (a person 18 years of age or older) – R100
- Children (2 – 17 years of age) – R70
- Children (under 2 years of age) – Free
- Students (a person with a valid student card) – R70
- Pensioners (Free entrance on pensioners days) – R100
Vehicle Parking Fees
The parking fee for a vehicle at the Pretoria Zoo is R25 per vehicle. Visitors are advised to arrive early to secure parking as the zoo can get quite busy on weekends and public holidays.
Golf Carts and Pushcarts
Visitors can rent a golf cart or pushcart to explore the zoo for an additional fee. The prices for golf carts and pushcarts are as follows:
- 4 seater golf cart for 2 hours ride – R200
- 6 seater golf cart for 1-hour ride – R150
- 4 seater golf cart for 1-hour ride – R100
- Double seater pushcarts for children – R80 per day
Student groups can enjoy discounted rates on entrance fees to the Pretoria Zoo. The rates for student groups are as follows:
- Monday – Wednesday – R45
- Thursday – Friday – R65
For visitors who want to spend the night at the zoo, camping facilities are available. The cost of camping at the Pretoria Zoo is R150 per person per night. Visitors are advised to book in advance to avoid disappointment as camping facilities can fill up quickly.
Overall, the entrance fees for the Pretoria Zoo are affordable and offer visitors a chance to experience the wildlife and nature of South Africa.
Discounts and Special Rates
The Pretoria Zoo offers various discounts and special rates to make the visit more affordable for everyone. Here are some of the discounts and special rates available:
- FOTZ Membership: Friends of the Zoo (FOTZ) members enjoy reduced entrance fees of R40 per child (below 18 years) and R50 per adult when they show their FOTZ membership card. They also receive two free visits to the zoo and a reduced fee for the Pretoria Zoo monthly Fun Walk.
- Student Groups: Student groups visiting the zoo on Thursdays and Fridays can avail themselves of a discounted entrance fee of R65 per person.
- Pensioners: Pensioners can enjoy free entrance on designated pensioners’ days. However, on other days, they pay the regular adult entrance fee of R110.
- School Groups: School groups of 20 or more learners qualify for a special rate of R50 per learner. This rate applies to both primary and high school learners.
- Corporate Groups: Corporate groups can contact the zoo’s marketing department to arrange discounted entrance fees and other special rates.
It is important to note that these discounts and special rates are subject to change without notice. Visitors are advised to confirm the rates with the zoo before their visit.
The Pretoria Zoo is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year. It opens at 8:30 am and closes at 5:30 pm. Tickets are sold until 4:30 pm, and the Zoo closes at 5:30 pm. Visitors should plan their visit accordingly to ensure they have enough time to see all the animals and exhibits.
It is important to note that the Zoo may close early on certain days due to special events or maintenance. Visitors are advised to check the Zoo’s website or social media pages for any updates on operating hours before planning their visit.
The Zoo’s operating hours are subject to change without prior notice. Visitors are encouraged to check the website or call the Zoo’s information line to confirm the operating hours before visiting.
In summary, the Pretoria Zoo is open every day from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, and tickets are sold until 4:30 pm. Visitors should check the Zoo’s website or social media pages for any updates on operating hours before planning their visit.
When visiting the Pretoria Zoo, visitors are expected to follow certain guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of the animals as well as other visitors. Here are some important guidelines to keep in mind:
- Visitors are not allowed to feed the animals or throw any objects into their enclosures.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the zoo.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring their own food or drinks into the zoo, except for baby food and bottled water.
- Pets are not allowed in the zoo, with the exception of service animals.
- Visitors are not allowed to enter any animal enclosures or climb over barriers.
- Loud noises and disruptive behavior are not allowed in the zoo.
- Visitors are advised to stay on the designated paths and walkways.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Visitors should not tap on the glass or attempt to touch the animals.
- Visitors should not run or make sudden movements around the animals.
- Visitors should be aware of their surroundings and avoid standing too close to the animals.
For any inquiries or clarifications, the Pretoria Zoo can be reached through the following contact details:
The zoo’s website provides a wealth of information regarding its operations, events, and facilities. Visitors can access the website to view the zoo’s map, learn about its animal collection, and purchase tickets online. The website also provides information on the zoo’s educational programs, research activities, and conservation efforts.
For visitors who prefer to interact with the zoo’s staff in person, the zoo’s information desk is located at the entrance. The information desk is staffed by friendly and knowledgeable personnel who can provide visitors with information on the zoo’s exhibits, facilities, and events. They can also assist visitors with any questions or concerns they may have during their visit.
The zoo’s social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, are also excellent sources of information. The pages are regularly updated with news, events, and photos of the zoo’s animals. Visitors can follow the zoo’s social media pages to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings at the zoo and connect with other animal lovers.